Dating is fun, but can also be kind of hard and complicated. To make it a little easier for you, I am going to share my top ten favourite things to do on a first date. But before I get to the best ideas for first date, let me give you some general dating tips that helped me a lot on my first dates:
General dating tips / dating advice:
- Outfit: Think about what you`ll wear, especially the shoes! Choose something you`re comfortable with, don`t play a role. But you can impress EVERY woman with nice shiny dress shoes in black or brown.
- Flowers: Certainly depends on the girl, some might think a big bouquet of flowers is too much…but a single rose when you two meet for your first date, will probably be very well recieved.
- Perfume: Women love a nice scent on a man, if you choose the right one, she will be very close to you all evening. If you`re not sure, which one to pick, here is a list of Ten seductive fragrances .
- Smile: It doesn`t cost anything, but works wonders. A contagious smile will make her feel good.
- Look in her eyes: Don`t look down on your feet or stare at her, just a firm look in her eyes.
- Body posture: Stay upright, head held high, show confidence and be confident! Don`t fold your arms.
- Be relaxed: Ok, so you have a date with a woman you really like. I can see why that would make you nervous. What if it goes wrong? Good reason to be nervous. Problem is: If you`re nervous, the date won`t work out. So just relax and have some fun. Don`t think too much about, what the woman thinks. If you think about every word you are about to say, you`ll come across needy.
- What to talk about: You can talk about almost anything, as long as you are emotional while talking about it. Your hobbies, family, friends vacation, funny things that happended to you throughout the day, food. Anything. But when you talk, do it in an interesting way, change your tone, don`t be monotonous. And when she talks…LISTEN and ask her questions. But relax, my best ideas for first date, that I listed below, will help you finding thinks to talk about on first dates. And if you need some more advice on what to talk about on a first date, I suggest you check out these conversation secrets, that will improve your smalltalk skills: Make smalltalk sexy!
Dont`s / What not to do on first dates:
- Don`t take her out for a fancy, romantic dinner: That`s just too much for a first date, like forcing romantic feelings. And it`s not really fun, you can still do that, when you`re a couple. Plus it`s kind of boring, I`d always suggest to do something fun. See my top ten best ideas for first date below.
- Don’t play/chat on your smartphone: It`ll be best if you don`t take your phone at any point, unless you want to show her some funny pictures or videos. Instead focus on her and listen!
- Don`t put her on a pedestal: Yes, she`s sweet and sexy, but so are other girls. And she must like you too, since she agreed to go out with you. So you`re equals here.
- Don`t put yourself or anyone else down: Women don`t like that at all. Also don`t brag about your money, car etc. That`s also needy. Women don`t care about such things too much, unless they`re gold diggers. And in that case you should ask other girls out for first dates.
So this were my dating tips for men. Take this dating advice to heart and you will have lots of good first dates. But now let me share my favourite first date ideas. Keep reading if you ask yourself what to do on a first date.
Top 10 Best ideas for first date
10. Flea market
Just walk along the vendors tables and look out for steals or some other nice stuff together. Always try to bargain if you want to buy something. The discussions will be fun and entertaining and you two will have a lot to laugh.
9. Karaoke bar
Even if you can`t sing that well. Going on stage and singing a duet together is very exciting and excitement is a very good thing on first dates. Plus, you two might bond while singing. And while you are not singing, you can have a nice chat over a drink. And if there are moments where you don`t know what to talk about, you can conveniently bypass these awkward pauses by directing the attention to that horrible singer on stage.
8. Horse race
A racetrack is a fascinating venue and lots of impressions will go down on you and your date, which is a good thing. Definitely place some bets together. Doesn`t have to be high stakes, first dates are not about winning money. But it`ll e fun and exciting to follow the horse race together and cheer for a particular outcome.
7. Sports action (climbing etc.)
If you both like sports, why not just do some sports exercises? You`ll release endorphines, which makes you both feel good and can also impress her with your athletic abilities. Apart from climbing you could also go inline skating, water skiing or go for paintball.
If have had some of the best first dates in a billard salon. It`s just a very cool, relaxed and laid-back location. Just shooting some pool and chat and drink wile doing so. Very easy to build some rapport with your girl that way and that`s waht first dates are all about.
My number five pick of best ideas for first date is kind of a cliche, but it`s also a classic because simply…it works. Choose a nice place, maybe in a park or a lake and just prepare a basket with some food and something to drink. The effort you made will mightily impress her!
4. Miniature golf
Very relaxed and enjoyable kind of first date. Miniature golf is always fun and as a bonus chances are you will be allowed to establish physical contact by showing her how to handle the golf club. By the way, you don`t have to let her win, but don`t be too much better! If you are that good, cool down and miss a hole once in a while. And if she`s better than you…great. She`ll have a good time!
3. Travelling carnival / funfair
Lots of possibilities here, fun rides for action, a haunted house to scare her a little (and calm her down afterwards). But also lots of chances to be romantic: Eat some candyfloss together or shoot her a teddy bear.
Your girl will probably like animals and a zoo never gets boring. You can just walk through through the park with her and have a nice chat, eat some ice cream, maybe watch some animal show and enjoy yourself.
1. Dancing lesson
I highly suggest you try my number one pick of first date ideas! Because you can`t go wrong here (if you are at least a little bit talented as a dancer). Most dancing schools offer trial lessons, where the basics of a dance are being introduced. Go there with your date and she`ll be super-excited, because women love to dance. And even more important: They love men who can dance! So it`s like an official permission to be very close to her the whole time without agenda. And she will simply love it!!! There a many dances you could try together, but I highly suggest Salsa or Bachata. The basics are easy to learn, the music is just beautiful and especially Bachata is a very romantic and sensual dance. If you can`t decide, have a look at My ten favourite hot dances for a first impression.
So these are my ten best ideas for first date. I hope you like them and if you try them, they will hopefully work out for you and your dream girl. And don`t forget: Apply my dating tips at the beginning and you will have the best first dates!